Hello my lovelies & happy Monday! To start this week off I have an amazing giveaway for all of you ! Brilliance New York is giving away a LOUIS VUITTON bag of YOUR CHOICE with $1000 worth of their products inside! All you need to go is sign up on their website & make sure to "Like" their Facebook page! I mean it can't get any better then this. Also when you sign up, you receive a 20% off coupon! I know this seems too good to be true, but it's real and you don't want to miss out! This is a must enter for everyone! Happy entering & good luck to all my fashionistas!
Monday, April 30, 2012
Friday, April 27, 2012
As Spring surrounds us and Summer's touch is close by, we bask in the beauty of neons, florals and pastels. The trends don't stop there though! We have gorgeous trends for pretty little hands and feet as well. Below I've listed the top 4 and I personally believe each one is a must-try because they could not be more fun and fabulous!
1. Ombre Nails: It's like the hair trend, but for your nails! You can achieve this look by painting each of your five nails a different shade of one color. Meaning if you picked blue, you would go from light to dark blue as you paint your nails. We saw the ombre look all over the runways this season and I think it's a fun, new look to try out especially with pastel and neon polish!
2. Reverse French Manicure: I absolutely love this look! It is so fun and fierce. You start by picking any two colors you would like, one for the main part and one for the peek-a-boo reverse french. You begin by painting your nail the color you would like for the french part. Let it dry completely! Then you can make the french part two shapes, a half moon or a triangle like the picture. For the half moon, place the nail stickers close to the bed of your cuticles covering what you want to show, then paint the rest of your nails the other color, top coat it and there ya have it! For the triangle, you paint the rest of your nail diagonally to the right, then to the left leaving the bottom on your nail showing with the previous color.
3. Glitter Nails: Now this trend I LOVE! I'm convinced glitter runs through my veins. Add some glitter to your mani & it's an instant party! You can paint your nails entirely with glitter or use it as a top coat. Start with your favorite polish and add this on top for a pop of sass. You can also use the glitter to do a french mani. There's so many ways to wear it, how can one choose?!
4. Neon Polish: This is so perfect for summer. From bright oranges to shocking pinks, this trend is a must try for everyone. Keep it simple though, no crazy two toned manis. you can add a top coat of glitter is you like, but keep it subtle. Now all neon colors are a bit translucent, so make sure to paint your nails a light white first and then apply the neon color so it pops!
So my lovelies, what do you think of this season's nail trends? Will you try any out or play it safe with your usual color?
Sunday, April 22, 2012
Well hello dolls! As requested, I'll be doing another DIY Tutorial! This time I'll be showing you all how to make a pair of your very own high waisted American Flag shorts! Perfect for summer and Fourth of July!
These shorts do take some time and you'll need a few things : A pair of vintage highwaisted jeans from any thrift store, big scissors, small scissors, marker, ruler, fabric glue (can be found at Micheal's or any craft store), a razor and most importantly an American Flag bandana or fabric.
Don't use a real flag!
So let's begin, shall we?
1. Start off with measuring your jeans and seeing how short you want them to be. Mark where you want to cut them, take them off and with a ruler draw a line across where they will be cut.
3. Then once they are cut, take your razor and fray the bottom as much as you want. Stick them in the wash so they fray even more and look distressed on the bottom. NO FABRIC SOFTENER!
4. Be careful not to dry them too much or they can shrink! Also, at this time grab your flag fabric and wash it as well. AGAIN NO FABRIC SOFTENER!
5. Once both garments are washed and dried, lay your shorts out on the table. If you want to distress the bottom more, make sure to do so now.
6. Grab your flag fabric and measure the star side on the left side on your shorts. Make sure the fabric goes all the way into the inseam on the shorts!
7. Apply some fabric glue on the shorts, everywhere you want the stars to stick. Make sure not to glue the belt buckle part because you'll be cutting around this.
8. Stick the fabric to the shorts. Hold it down to make sure it adheres. Allow it to dry for one hour before touching it!
9. Once dry, begin to cut the excess fabric with your small scissors. BE CAREFUL! If you cut too much, your kinda screwed. Cut around the buckle, the zipper, the pocket, the sides and the bottom.
10. Once you cut it perfect, repeat steps 6-9 for the striped side. You can have the stripes facing vertically or horizontally. It's up to you. Make sure to not glue the zipper though, you leave that part of jean exposed.
11. Once you let your other side dry and cut it, stand back and marvel at your creation! It's simple, yet time consuming, but your results are totes worth it!
Make sure to show me your DIY shorts!
Friday, April 20, 2012
I've hit 1000 views on my blog. For just starting out two weeks ago, I want to thank all of you for the constant support and kind words. It means so much to be able to share my love of writing and fashion with all of you! Now to reach 50 followers and 2000 page views! WE CAN DO THIS!
Here's some champagne and glitter to celebrate!
Cheers! xoxx dolls!
Happy Friday to my lovely Fashionistas!
|Photo c/o RPM Etsy.|
I was currently browsing the web for some new pieces to add to my jewelery collection when I stumbled across a brand called RocksPaperMetal. I would be lying if I said I instantly did not become obsessed! RocksPaperMetal is a fairly new brand based out of LA that has some of the most beautiful and trendy pieces I've seen! I knew I had to share their greatness with all of you!
RPM has these incredible neon and pastel pieces right now that hit the trend for this season perfectly. From earrings, to bracelets to intricate necklaces, they have it all! Their pieces range from $18-$145. All their pieces are exactly what an outfit needs to make it pop! The bright bracelets make a perfect arm party to pair with your cute new bikini for the summer and the necklaces add color to any old outfit.
You can purchase their lovely items from Etsy RPM or RocksPaperMetal . I posted a few of my fav picks below. Enjoy! All photos c/o RMP Etsy.
I wish I could decide what to order first! Right now is when I'm wishing I had unlimited funds and could buy one of each piece! A girl can dream can't she?
|Love love love these!|
|Seriously, how GORGEOUS is this?!|
|One of my FAVORITES!|
Thursday, April 19, 2012
Hello my lovelys!
I just wanted to share with all of you my latest creation! American Flag High Waisted Shorts! I saw this DIY on Pinterest and instantly fell in love and knew I had to give it a go! Seriously, how adorbs are they?! Perfect for summer with a cute tank and some combat boots! If you would like to learn how to make these, leave a comment below for a DIY American Flag post!
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
TREND ALERT!!!! We've always had jewelery for our hands, arms, necks, ears, etc; but now we have jewelry for our pretty little heads! Yes dolls, for our heads. Totally hipster chic and a total must have for any fashion lover!
I first saw these lovely head chains on Kim Kardashian. She had a hair chain for her pony tail. I was instantly obsessed. This piece adds the extra oomph to any outfit. It's available in gold,silver and black on Ebay if you search head chains & costs about $8 a piece. I love this ponytail chain! You can add this to any outfit to spice it up. Pair your sleek ponytail and chain with a nice pair of colored jeans, some heels and a sheer button down and your ready to take on the day! I just ordered mine and I can't wait to get it.
Besides the great ponytail chain, we've seen the latest celebs wearing beautiful, ornate chains on their pretty little heads that look almost like Egyptian crowns. What girl hasn't always wanted a crown? These head chains are a little more of a fashion risk then the ponytail chain in my opinion, but with the right outfit and the confidence to back it up, anyone can rock this look! Head chains come in mostly gold or silver with beautiful designs and colors. They range from $20 to over $800! I'm still debating which head chain I want, but once I get it I can't wait to pair it with some soft waves and a simple outfit. You can find the head chains on Etsy, In Love With Fashion , Ebay , The Trend Boutique , or House of Harlow 1960 . I'm personally in the LOVE with the turquoise one from Etsy below. It's so perfect for summer!
|Photo c/o Inlovewithfashion.com|
|Photo c/o Etsy.com|
|Photo c/o The Trend Boutique|
What do you think of this new trend? Would you rock the chains or not?
Sunday, April 15, 2012
Have you ever seen those adorable high waisted studded shorts at Urban Outfitters, SaboSkirt or Etsy and been like, "AH, I WANT/NEED THOSE IN MY LIFE!," and then you see the $60-80 price tag and your all like "Maybe I don't need em that bad..." Well fashion lovers I HAVE YOUR SOLUTION!
DIY Studded Highwaisted Shorts! It's so easy a caveman (or woman) can do it!
All you need are a few things: a spoon, pyramid studs (8 or 10mm on Etsy or Ebay), scissors, marker, ruler, highwaisted jeans, and something to fray & distress them with like a razor.
So here are the instructions.
1. Grab a pair of highwaisted jeans from your local thrift store. I got a pair of vintage Levi's for $4 at Goodwill. Try them on and mark with the marker how short you want them. After lay them out on a flat surface and with the ruler draw a line across the jeans where you want them cut.
2. Cut them and try them on. If you want them shorter repeat #1 or you can always cuff them. you can also cut the bottom in a diagonal, which is what I did.
3. Next decide the stud design you want. I chose to stud the entire front of one side of my shorts. After grab the pyramid stud and place it on the jeans and push the little spikes through the jean.
4. Grab the spoon and push down the spikes to secure the stud. Repeat until you get the desired pattern.
5. Then distress them and fray the bottoms on the shorts. Fray and distress using a razor or sharp object and run it along the shorts. Sandpaper works great for creating holes.
6.Try em' on & marvel at your creation!
How easy and adorable is this?! A few low cost items, some free time and your imagination will get you fabulous shorts for less then half the price of what they would cost you at any store!
I also studded a jean vest, a pair of black shorts & a jean button down. How cute are they?!
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
For some of us fashionistas, our daily struggle is between our wallets and our need for fashion. If I have 20 bucks in my wallet and I need to pick between lunch and that super adorable necklace at Nordstrom, I'm gonna go with the necklace no doubt. I mean how can you expect me to leave something so fabulous?! But never fear dolls! I have found the answer to all our problems. If you're on a budget look no further then your local Nordstrom Rack, Loehmann's and TJ Maxx!
These stores offer great deals on high end merchandise. I love visiting these stores at least once a week and seeing what I can find. All of the stuff they carry is up to date and fashionable. You don't need to worry about popping in and only finding items your grandma would use.
|Steve by Steve Madden for $40. HALF OFF! c/o Nordstrom.com|
Let's start off with Nordstrom Rack. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this place. I always go in for what I tell myself will be 10 minutes and end up walking out 2 hours and 100 bucks later. You can find great deals on bags, clothing and shoes! They have great deals on accessories too, but I never find anything worth my while in that part. Now the shoes are WOW! You can find a pair of Tory Burch flats for only 75 bucks! You can't beat that. You can also find a ton of Steve Madden, Micheal Kors and Jeffery Campbell there for anywhere from 30-70% off. Half of my beautiful shoe collection is from here. They sell they same stuff you can find at Nordstrom, just cheaper. Now the bags are also an amazing deal. They had a beautiful Kate Space tote for $150 compared to the $280 retail price tag. They also have great prices on Micheal Kors bags. You can find lovely clothing for about 40-70% off as well. They have workout gear to gorgeous sheer maxi dresses perfect for the summer.
|Kenneth Jay Lane for $264 vs $450! c/o Loehmanns.com|
|Prada Heels for $299 vs $600! c/o TJ Maxx|
So no matter what your budget may be, rest assure fashion lovers one of the three stores will have what your looking for and won't leave you with buyer's remorse once you leave the store. You can now eat your cake and have those really cute espadrilles too. What more could you want?
What's your favorite store to score designer threads for less?