Thursday, July 12, 2012

Style Week Resort Miami : DAY 1

Ciao beauties! I come to you today, half exhausted from day one of Style Week Resort Miami. This is a series of three days with three fashion shows each day & this lucky gal gets to work em' from a PR point. Today was the first day and we had three young and talented designers get to showcase their work. I was crazy backstage overlooking hair & make-up that our client was providing, yet I was lucky enough to be able to see all three shows and I wanted to share a little piece of Style Week with all of you! 

First off, this was my outfit of the day. 

Cheetah Shorts : Target. Sheer Blouse : Boutique. Bag : Micheal Kors. Necklace : Forever 21. Shoes (not shown) Jeffery Campbell's; Nordstrom. 


Now this is my beautiful team of ladies who work just as hard as I do



A little glimpse backstage! 





And last but not least, let's review each designer's line and show. Two were fabulous, while the other made me cringe. First up was the great Hope McDonald. Her line was full of bold patterns, sequins, floral designs and geometric prints. I absolutely loved every single piece that came on the runway. Totally wearable, super Miami friendly, trendy and on point! 


Next up was Richard Petit's line. Now, I don't want to sound mean or anything, but this show was an overall DISASTER. Don't just take my word for it, ask a few others who went as well. The models looked as if they had taken some kind of sedative beforehand and the designs were just...no. I could see what he was going for, but it didn't come together well. His line had ONE pattern, a pattern you find at Joann Fabrics. Then the material was cheap looking with unnecessary glitter accents & bad tailoring. They reminded me of bad dance recital outfits I once wore. Now, the only two things I semi liked was the finale dress, it had potential to be amazing, but it was okay and the bright orange jumpsuit with a cutout. Overall, I'd say he needs to try again because this line would be sold at Group USA.



And last but certainly not least is Camille Jeanay. I loved like 90% of the line. Most of it was beautiful and sexy with glitter, sequins, lace and polka dots, while some of the pieces that incorporated mirrors weren't my fav. Her dresses and bathing suits were just...WOW and the coverups were no disappointment either. The line had lots of pink and gray tones and every piece was definitely sparkling.


Well my fashion feens, that's all for DAY 1. Day 2 is on it's way and I'll update tomorrow morning. Wish me luck!

Which designer was your favorite?

xoxx dolls! 

No comments:

Post a Comment